Monday, September 19, 2005

XD @ Revolution's controller

http://cube.gamespy.com/articles/651/651283p1.html



Is that a TV remote? XD

Kudos to Nitendo for thinking out of the box though.

However, why can't they have simply went for the norm, a controller used by both hands, with the thumb meshing the buttons?

Simple.

Attracting more gamers.

Nitendo's Consoles have been known for more casual gamers, with titles such as Donkey Kong and Pokemon Stadium (Of course, games such as WWE:Day of Reckoning 2 is there for the hard core gamers). Hence, they are trying to attract more casual gamers to buy their consoles, people who are willing to spend an hour or two a week to enjoy, but is too busy to spend hundred of hours to complete a RPG.

With the surprising Success of Nitendogs (I thought that it was doomed to fail) for the Nitendo DS, it shows Nitendo's dominance on the Casual Gamer's market. The fact that they are introducing a new controller altogether, shows that they want to inject something new for the hard core gamers, while telling the casual ones that they are different from Consoles produced by Sony and Microsoft, which engineers towards the direction of hard core gamers.

The console gaming market is rather competitive these days, with only 3 companies sharing the pie (Sony is leading the pack though). While Sony and Microsoft tried to get people to buy their consoles by tossing in a lot of things, such as DVD player, MP3 player and so on, Nitendo, in my opinion, has it going in the right direction. Revolution is going to be simply a gaming console, nothing else. This obviously knocks the price down a bit, since if the console is going to include all sorts of nonsense, the developers will have an excuse to sell it at a much higher price. Once again, the aim to lure Casual gamers is there. Imagine this: You see PS3 selling at $400, but Revolution being sold at $250. As a casual gamer who just wants to play games to relax, Revolution comes as a natural choice. Also, by not throwing all the fancy stuff into Revolution, Nitendo has recognised that almost everyone has a computer, and a DVD player, and hence will not need such nonsense.

Way to go Nitendo.
--

Man, yesterday night was totally crap.

I usually sleep alone, but yesterday night, Maywind followed me into bed, since Winter is already fast asleep. In the darkness, she placed her arms around my neck, while whispering songs, trying to help me sleep, distracting my mind away from the rather depressing event. Songs such as Vestige, Pride and Reason were whispered into my ears, as she knew I simply loved those songs. With her voice in my ear, I slowly drifted off to a state of peace which I seldom have these days.

However, sleep did not last long. After an hour or so, I sat up from a rather annoying nightmare. Maywind was fast asleep beside me, and I did not want to wake her up.

Winter, probably disturbed by my sudden movements, rose from her slumber. Knowing that I had a horrible night, she accompanied me till almost 4am, as by then, I was already rather sleepy, and managed to fall asleep once again.

Thanks to the both of them, a horrible night which could have resulted in me being awake the entire night was made much sweeter, as I had something to take my mind away from that depressing incident.

I wonder what I would do without them....

And oh, Maywind is my MP3 player, and Winter is my Computer. =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home